Starting from July 2016, in accordance and compliance with EN1756-1 regulations, Anteo is producing all tail-lifts equipped with devices , fitted on the platforms or close to platform positions , able to detect the correct position of the tail lift when the vehicle is in motion.
In compliance with EN1756-1 regulations, the tail lift manufacturer must provide a device that continuously indicates the position of the tail lift, while the installers will be responsible for connecting the device positioned on the tail lift to a warning device in the vehicle’s cabin, so drives can monitor the correct position of the tail lift when the vehicle is in motion.
To comply with the minimum security measures set by the Machinery Directive and in order to exclude responsibility in the event of accidents with civil and/or criminal law consequences for the installer, in particular, the installer is required to carry out the following:
- lay new cables connecting the tail lift platform to the vehicle’s cabin;
- connect to the platform’s sensor provided by the tail lift manufacturer;
- connect to the vehicle’s original electrical system;
- include warning lights/buzzers in the vehicle’s dashboard or any warning device to alert the driver if the tail lift position is not correct
For Anteo – always careful to conform with safety regulations and sensitive to the safety and security of its installers and operators – compliance with EN1756-1 standards represents a new step forward in the production of tail lifts.
This is why we are proud to present ANTEO SMART SAFE, (patent pending), an innovative WIRELESS, battery-operated device that DOES NOT REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INSTALLATION. This device allows the driver to monitor the position of the tail lift at all times while driving.You can see the video in www.anteo.com
Installing the device on all Anteo tail lifts, – retractable, cantilever and column – will allow to monitor the platform’s position at all times and warn the driver, with a light flashing in the vehicle’s cabin, in the event of an issue with the position of the platform.
ANTEO SMART SAFE
– high safety standards
– no extra installation time
– no modifications to the electric system
– non cabling costs
– no interference with the vehicle’s electric/electronic system and, therefore, no risk of affecting the warranty due to unauthorised changes.